- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour -- sifted
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Crisco
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can Angel Flake coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut flavoring
- 5 large eggs -- separated
- Blend sugar, Crisco, and egg yolks until smooth. Beat egg whites until stiff. Add milk to sugar and Crisco mixture, beating until smooth. Add flour, salt, and baking powder. Mix well. Mix in coconut and coconut flavoring.
- Fold in egg whites. Cook in a greased and floured tube pan. Put pan in a cold oven and bake at 325° for 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove from pan and wrap at once in heavy foil. Cool completely before slicing. Freezes well.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
DIY Tasty Gift Ideas
Recipes for VitalitySee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More