- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 5oz silken tofu, drained
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup vanilla soymilk or rice milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Oil a 9x5 loaf pan with a spray or oil of your choosing.
- Blend tofu, sugar, oil, soymilk or ricemilk, and vanilla extract in a food processor or heavy blender until smooth.
- Whisk together cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a separate, large bowl. Carefully fold in the blended tofu mixture.
- Pour into oiled loaf pan and bake for 30 minutes. A toothpick should come out from the center clean when done.
- Let stand and cool for 5 minutes then, flip onto cooling rack to continue cooling.
NotesSo you've seen the tofu ice cream recipe, now here's a WONDERFUL pound cake that uses tofu in place of eggs.
Absolutely wonderful served just warm with a spoonful of your favorite apple preserves or a key lime glaze.