- Cooking Time: 65
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1/2 lb. butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 large eggs (I used extra-large)
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla or lemon extract
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F. Use the butter wrappers to grease the inside of an 8-inch loaf pan (I got a long narrow pan at Ikea 4 1/4-in. by 11 1/2-in. top measurement and like the size for this).
- Cream the butter on high speed of electric mixer, then very slowly add the powdered sugar, mixing about 5 minutes.
- Add one egg at a time while continuing to beat, alternating with the flour. Add the extract of your choice and beat another 2 minutes.
- Spread the batter evenly in the prepared loaf pan (this batter is very thick).
- Bake for about 65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool cake in the pan on a wire rack for 30 minutes, then remove to serving plate. Slice and enjoy.
NotesThere are so many pound cake recipes and clone claims, but this one is the best for my taste. This Entenmann's clone is easy and so good. There are many sources for this clone on the internet.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Lunch
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
Taste of CenturyLinkSee More
Roasted Pepper Potato Soup
Oven Crispy FriesSee More