- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI love pound cake so when you have it in a cupcake it doesn't seem like you gaining a pound !!!
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups softened, not melted, butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat Oven to 350
- Combine all of your dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Add butter, milk, and vanilla to the dry ingredients.
- Stir until just mixed then mix at medium speed for about 4 minutes. Scrape bowl.
- Add eggs one at a time and mix on low speed for 30 seconds after each egg. Once all eggs are in the batter, mix at medium speed for 1 minute. Batter will be thick.
- Spoon batter into cupcake liners until 1/2 full. If you fill them any more, you risk having a mess in your oven.
- Bake your cupcakes for 20 minutes. insert toothpick into the center of the cupcakes and if it comes out clean its done.
- Cool your pound cake cupcakes completely in the cupcake pans. Store in an airtight container