POWER PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY MUFFINS
- * 1 cup all-purpose flour (about 4 1/2 ounces)
- * 1 /2 cup Whey Crisps
- * 3/4 cup whole wheat flour (about 3 1/2 ounces)
- * 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- * 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- * 1 tablespoon baking powder
- * 1/2 teaspoon salt
- * 1 1/4 cups fat-free milk
- * 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- * 1/4 cup egg substitute
- * 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- * 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- * Cooking spray
- * 1/4 cup strawberry jam
Preheat oven to 400°.
Lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; . Combine flours, sugars, baking powder, Whey Crisps, and salt in a large bowl; stir with a whisk. Make a well in center of mixture. Combine milk , peanut butter, egg, butter, and vanilla ; add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
Spoon batter into 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Fill each cup half full with batter. Spoon 1 teaspoon jam into each cup. Spoon remaining batter on top to cover jam. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched lightly in center. Let cool in pan 5 minutes. Remove from pan, and cool on a wire rack.