- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon fine-grated lemon rind
- 1/2 pound poppyseeds, ground
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- pinch of ground cloves
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 envelope of yeast
- 1 pound flour
- 1/2 pound butter
- 1/4 pound sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- pinch of salt
- 1 whole egg, sparated
- Make the filling: Mix sugar with 1/2 cup water and cook for a few minutes until syrupy.
- Add honey, butter, lemon juice and rind. Take off the heat and stir in pppyseeds and spices. Keep the filling warm.
- Make the dough: Warm milk gently and dissolve the yeast in it.
- Mix flour, butter and sugar until the mixture forms crumbs, Add egg york, the milk with the yeast, and the salt. Knead the mixture well and divide it into four portions.
- Stretch each portion into a thin sheet. Spread one quarter of the filling on each piece of dough. Roll them up tightly and press end to make a secure closing.
- Beat the egg yolk with 1 teaspoon of water. Brush the rolls with the eggyolk glaze and let them rise while the egg is getting dry.
- Place the rolls in a cool spot (refrigerator will do) for 1 to 2 hours, until firm. Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Now brush the rolls with beaten egg white, and prick with a fork in 3 or four places.
- Place rolls on a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 40
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Rainbows Of Vegan Love
"Pretty Food" for the home ChefSee More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More