- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/3 cup butter or oleo
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package 5 1/2 oz Jello Instant Pudding & Pie Filling - Vanilla Floavor
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 envelope Dream Whip Topping Mix
- 1 lightly baked pie shell - purchased or your favorite recipe
- Combine butter, brown sugar, and nuts in a saucepan. Heat until butter and sugar are melted
- Spread in the bottom of pie shell
- Bake at 350 for 5 minutes or until bubbly. Cool
- Prepare filling mix with 2 1/2 cups milk as directed on package for a pie.
- Measure 1 cup fillling and set aside.
- Pour remaining filling into the pie shell
- Prepare whipped topping as directed on package. Blend 1 1/3 cups into the reserved pie filling.
- Spoon onto pie shell.
- Chill 3 hours
- Garnish with remaining whipped topping and pecan. My mom also cut red and green marachino cherries so they would lie flat on top of the pie like a flower (3-4 slits in each cherry)