- Cooking Time: 70
- Preparation Time:
- 4 sticks butter, cut into cubes and softened
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 10 eggs, separated
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 1/4 cups crumbled Pralines (recipe follows)
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter two 9 by 5 by 3-inch loaf pan with 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Using an electric mixer, cream the remaining butter and sugar together. With a rubber spatula, scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the egg yolks and vanilla together until the yolks are frothy. With the mixer on medium-low, slowly add the whisked yolks into the creamed butter and mix for 4 minutes.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt, together. While the mixer is running, alternately add the flour mixture and egg whites to the creamed butter mixture, a third at a time. Mix the batter until incorporated. Mix in the lemon zest.
- Pour half the batter into one prepared pan. Fold the pralines and rum into the remaining batter. Mix well.
- Pour the praline batter into the other prepared pan. Bake the plain cake for 1 hour and the praline cake for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Remove the cakes and slice.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
MidLife Road Trip'sSee More
Rich Chocolate Pecan Pie
Cheesy Stuffed Baked Ziti
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLESee More