- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis recipe has the best of both worlds, pumpkin pie on the bottom and cookie bar like on the top.
I made this recipe last night so I could make sure it was good enough to share with you, and it is very good. I would suggest making it the day before you want to use it because in my opinion it is best served very cold. I put a dollop of whip cream on top and that was the crowning touch.
Another thing I want to mention is that when you pour the pumpkin mixture into the 13x9 pan it will look very runny, but don't worry it will set up wonderfully after you add the dry ingredients and bake it. It took a full 60 minutes in my oven.
- 1-15oz. can pumpkin
- 1-12oz. can evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 pkg. white cake mix
- 1 ½ cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Grease bottom and sides of 13”x9”x2” pan
- Stir together pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugar, and pumpkin spice; pour in pan.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix over top of pumpkin mixture then sprinkle the nuts then pour the melted butter over the top. B
- ake for 50-60 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
- Cool 2 hours.