- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 Onion, finely diced
- 2 Carrots, finely diced
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, crushed
- 150g Chorizo, sliced
- 1 Chilli, finely diced (or as much as you can handle!)
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 400g Tin of Chopped Tomatoes
- 600ml Chicken Stock
- 250g Long Grain Rice
- 100g Prawns
- 1 Lemon, just the juice
- Coriander, to garnish
- Heat a large, heavy, high sided pan and add 2 thirds of the Chorizo. Fry this stirring occasionally until it starts to colour. Add the Onion, Carrot, Garlic, Chilli and season. Sweat until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the Smoked Paprika and cook out before adding the rice. Mix well allowing the rice to toast a bit in the pan. This will give it a richer, nuttier flavour. Add the Tomatoes and Stock and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for around 20-25 minutes, until the rice is cooked and most of the liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally.
- When it is cooked take it off the heat and let it rest for 5-10 minutes, this will give the rice a chance to absorb more flavour. While it is resting heat another pan until hot. Add the the remaining Chorizo and fry until it starts to colour. Then add the Prawns and fry over a hot heat until cooked through. Season and add lemon juice.
- To serve, spoon the rice onto the plates and top with the fried Chorizo and Prawn mix. Garnish with coriander.
NotesHere's a great midweek meal. Quick to prepare and cook and it is really tasty. This is a bit different to usual Jambalaya as I was using what I had in the fridge and it ended up being so good I thought I would share it. If you want you could add peppers, mushrooms, courgette etc, just use what you have and like! If you do use carrot you will need to cut it really small to ensure it cooks. If you struggle with it you could cut it a bit bigger and blanch (part cook) it in water before using.
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Cooking for a family in Korea: notes of an ex-pat wife
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!See More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More