- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound ground chuck
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup best quality mayonnaise
- 3 cloves roasted garlic, pureed
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 slices thinly sliced smoked ham
- 8 slices thinly sliced Swiss cheese
- 2 dill pickles, sliced into 1/4-inch thick slices
- Form the meat into 4 (1/4-inch thick) burgers. Season the meat with salt and pepper on both sides and cook in a saute pan over high heat to medium doneness, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Combine the mayonnaise and roasted garlic in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Spread both sides of each bun with mayonnaise and mustard.
- Place a slice of cheese on the bottom portion of each bun, place the burger on top of the cheese, then top the burger with a slice of ham then another slice of cheese then the pickle slices. Place the tops of the bun over the pickles and cook on a sandwich press or wrap the burgers in aluminum foil and cook in a hot skillet over high heat with a heavy skillet placed on top of the burger to press the sandwich. Cook until golden brown and cheese has melted.
NotesA delicious burger recipe by Bobby Flay.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More