- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryA delicious burger recipe by Bobby Flay.
- 1 pound ground chuck
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup best quality mayonnaise
- 3 cloves roasted garlic, pureed
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 slices thinly sliced smoked ham
- 8 slices thinly sliced Swiss cheese
- 2 dill pickles, sliced into 1/4-inch thick slices
- Form the meat into 4 (1/4-inch thick) burgers. Season the meat with salt and pepper on both sides and cook in a saute pan over high heat to medium doneness, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Combine the mayonnaise and roasted garlic in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Spread both sides of each bun with mayonnaise and mustard.
- Place a slice of cheese on the bottom portion of each bun, place the burger on top of the cheese, then top the burger with a slice of ham then another slice of cheese then the pickle slices. Place the tops of the bun over the pickles and cook on a sandwich press or wrap the burgers in aluminum foil and cook in a hot skillet over high heat with a heavy skillet placed on top of the burger to press the sandwich. Cook until golden brown and cheese has melted.