- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2-3lbs of a good round beef roast
- 3-4 whole potatoes clean (medium)
- 1 bunch carrots
- 4-6 mini corn on the cobs ( i use frozen in a pinch)
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 2 small onions, peeled and clean
- 2 cans of seasoned beef broth
- 1 can low sodium beef broth
- meat rub your choice i use NOMU beef
- thicken agent for gravy
- You will need a 6-8 quart pressure cooker layer your ingredients the following: beef coated in your rub, potatoes surrounding the beef, on top of beef and potatoes, carrots, garlic, corn and onions.
- Add your beef broth slowly to surround the beef, do not allow it to cover the carrots.
- Lock pressure cooker and follow the directions for your brand.
- I let mine rock for about 35-40 minutes.
- Once done allow all steam to be removed from cooker before opening.
- Remove veggies and beef- leaving the broth.
- Take your thicken agent and mix with cool water- add to broth and wisk while broth is still hot. there is your gravy.
- BTW you can also do this for any type of roast (pork or turkey) just vary your seasonings and broth. veggie broth works well for the pork.
NotesSince I had the thought of pressure cookers..I thought I would share my favorite pressure dinner. One pot and really simple. The important thing is to layer..
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking DC 2013
Cooking with Sabra
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook CafeSee More
Broiled Salmon with Olive-Tomato Vinaigrette
Peanut and pretzel truffles
Veggie KebabsSee More