PRESSURE COOKER- SIMPLE POT ROAST
- 2-3lbs of a good round beef roast
- 3-4 whole potatoes clean (medium)
- 1 bunch carrots
- 4-6 mini corn on the cobs ( i use frozen in a pinch)
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 2 small onions, peeled and clean
- 2 cans of seasoned beef broth
- 1 can low sodium beef broth
- meat rub your choice i use NOMU beef
- thicken agent for gravy
You will need a 6-8 quart pressure cooker layer your ingredients the following: beef coated in your rub, potatoes surrounding the beef, on top of beef and potatoes, carrots, garlic, corn and onions.
Add your beef broth slowly to surround the beef, do not allow it to cover the carrots.
Lock pressure cooker and follow the directions for your brand.
I let mine rock for about 35-40 minutes.
Once done allow all steam to be removed from cooker before opening.
Remove veggies and beef- leaving the broth.
Take your thicken agent and mix with cool water- add to broth and wisk while broth is still hot. there is your gravy.
BTW you can also do this for any type of roast (pork or turkey) just vary your seasonings and broth. veggie broth works well for the pork.