- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 lbs. chuck roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large onion, cut up
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pkg. brown gravy mix
- 1 cup water
- 4 large potatoes, cut into large pieces
- 5 large carrots, cut into large pieces
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- Heat vegetable oil and beef cubes in pressure cooker. Brown them using medium heat, in batches. Add onion, salt, pepper, gravy mix and water to pot with the browned meat. Mix together.
- Place the potatoes, carrots and diced tomatoes over the meat. Close the cover securely on pot.
- Heat over high heat until a steady stream of steam is emitted from the pressure regulator, having reached 15 lbs. pressure, which can take about 10 minutes.
- Lower heat to low, maintaining a slow steady steam and cook for 8 minutes.
- Immediately release the pressure, either through the quick vent release method or running cold water over the cooker, depending on the model of your pressure cooker.
- This makes approximately 8 servings. Refer to your cooker’s instruction manual regarding how to use it correctly. I used an 8-qt. Presto Professional #01370 Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker
NotesHere's a very fast cook and serve meal...less than an hour from start to finish using a pressure cooker. Feel free to season with herbs and spices to your liking as mine is very simple in flavor, but tasty.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Short & Sweet
Koken met Oma
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More