- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 pkgs. (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Prepare this recipe in an 8-quart pressure cooker. When using a smaller pressure cooker, adjustments may be required. Place 3-1/2 cups of water in bottom of pressure cooker and make sure interior rack is in place. If you do not have a rack, you can use a metal trivet to hold springform pan out of water. Use a 7-8" springform pan. There must be at least 1/2" between the side of the springform pan and the inside of the pressure cooker. Wrap the exterior base and sides of springform pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil. This will protect cake from water. Also cut a long strip of heavy-duty foil approximately 22-24" long. Fold it in thirds; this strip will make it easier to remove the springform pan from the pressure cooker. Spray the interior of the springform pan with vegetable spray.
- Preparation: Blend cream cheese, sour cream and sugar well with hand mixer. Add eggs and mix thoroughly. Stir in vanilla extract. Sprinkle 1/3 cup graham cracker crumbs in bottom of springform pan. Pour cheesecake mixture on top of graham cracker crumbs. Cover top of springform pan with a sheet
- of heavy-duty foil and seal tightly. Lower springform pan into pressure cooker using foil strip, and close lid of pressure cooker. Bring the pressure cooker to high pressure and keep at high pressure for 20 minutes.
- Turn off pressure cooker and let cool down naturally. Once pressure cooker has released all pressure (this should only take about 10 minutes) open and remove springform pan. There may be some condensation on the top of the aluminum foil that can be removed with a dry cloth or paper towel. Open carefully, beware of steam and allow cake to cool. You may find additional condensation on top of cheesecake; use paper towel as a blotter to remove water. This cake can be eaten at room temperature; however, the texture will firm overnight in the refrigerator. Garnish cheesecake with fresh berries or canned pie filling. Although the instructions with the foil seem a little involved, this cake is a snap to prepare and the results are excellent.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Sharing Christmas with Friends
VivaVeganGal's Family FavoritesSee More
Hungarian Beef Paprika
Fresh Tuna Tacos
RICH BLUEBERRY BARSSee More