- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6 to 8
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup water
- 4 pounds red potatoes, quartered
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup milk, warmed
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Place trivet in bottom of a 4 quart or larger Duromatic pressure cooker. Add water, garlic and potatoes. Close lid and bring pressure to second red ring over high heat. Adjust heat to stabilize at the second red ring. Cook for 6 to 10 minutes, depending on the size and age of the potatoes. Remove from heat and use Natural Release Method (remove from heat and allow pressure to subside naturally).
- Drain potatoes and garlic and let stand a minute to drain excess moisture. Put potatoes and garlic through a potato ricer or mash with a potato masher and transfer to a warmed serving dish. Add milk, 1/4 cup at a time while beating, until the potatoes are creamy. Beat until blended. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serves 6 to 8.
NotesThe potatoes are not peeled in this version of the old classic. The skins give an attractive color and flavor to the dish, but feel free to peel them if you wish.
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Jesuit Tampa - Between Practice and Homework
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More