- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 thick slices unbuttered granary (wheat) bread
- 1/2 marinaded chicken breast (recipe below) - optional
- Generous blob caesar dressing (recipe below)
- 4 slices tomato
- handful mixed leaves
- sea salt & coarse ground black pepper
- 2 heaping TBSP mayo
- 3 salted anchovies, finely chopped
- 1 TBSP grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- (OR - just buy a good caesar dressing at the store)
- A few drops Angostura bitters
- 4 crushed juniper berries
- generous splash white wine
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- salt & pepper
- Mix together - put in the fridge with chicken to marinade for an hour. Then, cook the chicken. Placing the chicken & marinade in a pan, covering chicken with water, and letting it gentle boil for 10 minutes works well.
- - whisk together the dressing ingredients
- - Tear the chicken breasts into small strips and mix it with the dressing
- - Spread the chicken salad mixture on bread
- - Top with the tomatoes and mixed greens
- - Season with sea salt
- - cover with top slice of bread and cut diagonally down the center.
NotesWhen I lived in England, I practically lived off of this sandwich, and I finally found the recipe at pret.com.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Foodie BabySee More
Delicious Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Steamed vegetables saladSee More