- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (3 ounce) package Cherry Jell-O
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup mini marshmallows (and a few for garnish is desired)
- 1 (16 ounce) carton whipping cream
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces
- cherries with stems for garnish
- In a pot mix the water, sugar and pineapple over low heat until the sugar is dissolved. Add the dry jello and mix heating 3 more minutes, stirring constantly.
- In a large bowl, beat whipping cream until thickened or stiff peaks form. Do not over beat. I didn't time it but I'm guessing it was 4-5 minutes.
- Place the mixture in the refrigerator for thirty minutes or just until the mixture starts to thicken somewhat.
- Add the pecans and fold in the whipped cream. Add the mini marshmallows last and mix lightly to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
NotesEveryone knows I love anything cherry, in fact some call me the "Cherry Queen" I also love pineapple and marshmallows! I knew when I saw this recipe on Pinterest but it was strawberry, I was going to make it cherry and give it a new name! It has everything I love in it so I couldn't go wrong!
It is so light and fluffy and was just perfect! I had to keep DH out of it! He just wouldn't stop eating it! I can see this recipe being made alot in the future! It was also my 1st time making my own whip cream out of whipping cream! Easy!
This was also another 1st for me! I got to use my new cherry plate a friend of mine got me!