- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- ¾ cup flour
- ¾ cup crushed pretzels
- 5 tbsp butter, room temperature
- 3 tbsp water
- 8 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup whipped topping, plus 2 cups for topping
- 4 large bananas, sliced right before placing in filling
- 2 ounces of instant vanilla pudding
- 4 cups of milk (to make pudding)
- Preheat oven to 400. Place butter and cream cheese out to soften for later.
- In a large bowl, combine all crust ingredients with fingers and place in a pie dish or tart pan, pressing into bottom. Bake for 15-20 minutes until hard (it’s difficult to tell when it’s cooked b/c it doesn’t really change color). This is a crumbly crust in the end. Set the crust out to cool completely.
- If using Cool Whip, set out to soften. Make pudding as directed; mine required 4 cups of milk and 5 minutes of refrigeration. While that is setting up, slice bananas. Take pudding from the refrigerator and add cream cheese, 1 cup of whipped topping and bananas. Mix well and when crust is cool, place filling over and top with 2 cups of whipped topping and back to the refrigerator it goes for at least an hour. (This is where it should be stored, which is not long in our 2 person household.)
NotesYears ago my mom came across this recipe and I adapted it to fit my sweet/salty combo love.
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!See More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More