- Cooking Time: 10mins
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 15mins
- 2 cups crushed thin pretzel sticks (As for the pretzels, select thin pretzel sticks. A 9-ounce package is plenty for the pie shell.
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks or 12 Tablespoons) butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 package (6 oz) strawberry flavor gelatin
- 8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup whipped topping (Dream Whip work well and are not quite as rich and heavy)
- 2 heaping cups sliced strawberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Finely crush pretzels with a rolling pin or food processor. Combine crushed pretzels with 3 tablespoons sugar and butter. With a spatula, press pretzel mixture into the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking pan to form a crust.
- Bake 6 to 10 minutes until lightly browned. Cool completely.
- Pour 2 cups boiling water over strawberry gelatin.
- Stir until melted and let cool to room temp.
- Beat cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, and whipped topping until combined.
- Spread evenly over cooled crust.
- Add strawberries to cooled gelatin and let thicken slightly. Spread over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate until firm.
- Cut into squares to serve.
NotesOne of the recipes from my friend Dana Renner
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Simple Homemade Favorites
Lau Family RecipesSee More
Arugula and Corn Salad With Roasted Red Peppers and White Bean
Stuffed Zucchini with Turkey Sausage RecipeSee More