- Cooking Time: 10mins
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 15mins
BackstoryOne of the recipes from my friend Dana Renner
- 2 cups crushed thin pretzel sticks (As for the pretzels, select thin pretzel sticks. A 9-ounce package is plenty for the pie shell.
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks or 12 Tablespoons) butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 package (6 oz) strawberry flavor gelatin
- 8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup whipped topping (Dream Whip work well and are not quite as rich and heavy)
- 2 heaping cups sliced strawberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Finely crush pretzels with a rolling pin or food processor. Combine crushed pretzels with 3 tablespoons sugar and butter. With a spatula, press pretzel mixture into the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking pan to form a crust.
- Bake 6 to 10 minutes until lightly browned. Cool completely.
- Pour 2 cups boiling water over strawberry gelatin.
- Stir until melted and let cool to room temp.
- Beat cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, and whipped topping until combined.
- Spread evenly over cooled crust.
- Add strawberries to cooled gelatin and let thicken slightly. Spread over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate until firm.
- Cut into squares to serve.