- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2.5 Cups crushed pretzels
- 3/4 Cup butter/margarine, melted
- 3 TBSP Sugar
- 8oz Cream Cheese
- 1 Cup powdered sugar
- 9oz Cool Whip
- 1 large package (or 2 small) Cherry Jello
- 2 Cups boiling water
- 2 Cups cold water
- Mix Jello and water.
- Refrigerate no longer than 30-40 minutes.
- While this is chilling, crush pretzels with rolling pin on cutting board.
- Transfer crushed pretzels to a bowl (do not transfer all of the dust as it will be too salty).
- Stir first 3 ingredients together and put in 9X13 pan.
- Bake 10 minutes at 350.
- Allow to cool.
- Mix powdered sugar and cream cheese with electric mixer.
- Gently fold in cool whip.
- Carefully spread over the pretzel "crust" making sure that none of the crust is visible from the top.
- When Jello is slightly syrupy, gently pour over cool whip later and refrigerate until Jello is set.
- Keep refrigerated.
- TIP: Make sure the white layer is completely sealed against the pretzels.
- You do not want the jello to seep into the pretzel layer!!!
NotesSome people call it a salad, some a dessert. I call it GOOD!
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Cooking with SabraSee More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More