- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, unbeaten
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Combine sugar and cocoa, stir in melted butter.
- Stir in unbeaten eggs and vanilla.
- Blend together dry ingredients and fold mixture into wet ingredients.
- Fold in nuts.
- Pour into a greased 8x8 pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
NotesAgain, a recipe from my childhood. I made these for the county and then the State Fair one year and won a purple ribbon both times! They are really easy to make, just be sure not to overmix!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Lau Family Recipes
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
Honey Cake (mézeskalács) As My Mother Makes
Delicious, flaky, lard-free pie crustSee More