- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 4 servings
- Preparation Time: 25 minutes
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste (plus 2 cans of water)
- 1 (15 oz.) can diced tomatoes*
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 (16 oz.) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- Cheddar cheese (optional)
- sour cream (optional)**
- Saltine or Oyster crackers (optional)***
In a saucepan, brown beef and onion; drain fat.
Stir in all remaining ingredients (except cheese, sour cream, and crackers); cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
Top each serving with cheese and sour cream, and sprinkle with crushed crackers, if desired.