- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 4 servings
- Preparation Time: 25 minutes
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste (plus 2 cans of water)
- 1 (15 oz.) can diced tomatoes*
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 (16 oz.) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- Cheddar cheese (optional)
- sour cream (optional)**
- Saltine or Oyster crackers (optional)***
- In a saucepan, brown beef and onion; drain fat.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients (except cheese, sour cream, and crackers); cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Top each serving with cheese and sour cream, and sprinkle with crushed crackers, if desired.
NotesThis chili recipe comes from the January/February Issue of 'Country Woman' Magazine. Guaranteed to warm you up on a cold day! It was submitted by Judy King of Johnstown, PA. *The diced tomatoes weren't included in the original recipe, but I like tomatoes in my chili. **Ditto the sour cream! ***Ditto the crackers!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Food Travels Through Italy
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!See More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More