- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 20
BackstoryI got this recipe from another foodie website and it is really easy and delicious not to mention forgiving. Add you own ideas and make it yours! ~Sharon
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 3 tbsp honey mustard
- 100 g thinly sliced prosciutto (or can use serrano ham)
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp water
- Roll out puff pastry on counter. Spread mustard over top. Arrange prosciutto evenly over the mustard, covering all the pastry. Sprinkle with the parmesan.
- Starting at one long edge, roll up the puff pastry like a jelly roll, just to the middle of the dough. Roll from the other side in the same fashion, making the two rolls meet in the centre.
- Using a serrated knife, cut the rolls crosswise into 1/2" slices. Place the slices on a cookie sheet lined with parchment. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Beat egg and water in small bowl. Brush each palmier with the egg wash. Bake until puffed, about 10 minutes. Serve at room temperature