- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- For ravioli:
- 1 1/2 cup (12 oz) 2% Ricotta cheese, plus more for garnish
- 2 slices prosciutto
- 1/8 tsp salt
- black pepper, a few grinds
- 2 tsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup egg beater (or 1 egg)
- 36 won ton wrappers
- For Browned Sage Butter Sauce:
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 tsp sage, dried
- Bring salted water to a boil in a large pot.
- Combine ricotta cheese, coarsley chopped prosciutto, salt, and parsley in a food processor. While the filling is processing, slowly add the egg. Mixture will be quite stiff.
- Place a won ton wrapper on your work surface and add a 2 tsp of filling to the center. Moisten the edges of the wonton with water and fold over into a triangle. Remove as much air from the ravioli as possible and press the edges firmly to seal. (I went over the edges with the tines of a fork to prevent leaks).
- Add the ravioli to salted boiling water, and cook for approximately 4 minutes, or until the ravioli are floating.
- While the ravioli are cooking, melt the butter over medium heat and cook for 3-4 minutes. Once you notice the first hint of browning, shake the pan once or twice. Add sage and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat and use immediately.
- Drain ravioli into a colander, toss with browned sage butter, and serve. Garnish with fresh ricotta, if desired. Makes two entrees (or four sides).
NotesA super yummy way to use up some homemade ricotta cheese I had made earlier in the week
Recipe from Confections of a Foodie Bride
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Lau Family RecipesSee More
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More