PROSCIUTTO-WRAPPED CHICKEN BREASTS
- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
- 4 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- black pepper
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped (or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (optional)
1. Season the chicken with 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Lay the prosciutto on a cutting board or plate and sprinkle with the oregano. Lay each chicken breast on a slice of prosciutto and wrap the prosciutto around the chicken.
2. Heat the oil and garlic in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook until the prosciutto is crisp and the chicken is cooked through, 6 to 7 minutes per side.
3. Transfer the chicken and garlic to plates. If using the wine, add it to the skillet and simmer until reduced by half, 3 to 4 minutes. Spoon over the chicken.
Website Credit: http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/prosciutto-wrapped-chicken-breasts-00000000006574/index.html