- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. scallops (I like the big ones!)
- 1/2 lb. prosciutto sliced thin
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup wild/brown rice ( I LOVE Lundman's jubilee)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 c. raisins
- 1/2 c. chopped walnuts
- 1/2 c. balsamic vinegar
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Pour yourself a big glass of vino. Last night it was HRM Rex-Goliath, “Giant 47 Pound Rooster”, Cabernet Sauvignon NV. What a bargain!
- Now prep your scallops:
- Rinse with cold water and trim away any small muscles attached to the sides. Cut large scallops in half, season with salt and pepper. Slice prosciutto into thin strips and wrap each scallop with one piece. Stick 'em in the fridge until it's time to cook.
- Cook rice with stock according to package instructions. While simmering, pour boiling water over raisins until just covered. Soak for 10 m., drain and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, bring vinegar to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 m., set aside to thicken.
- When rice is almost ready, heat oil in a saute pan. Add baby spinach and toss until just wilted, remove from heat. Add raisins and nuts to rice and stir.
- Heat oil in another pan at high heat. When oil is smoking add scallops. Cook until prosciutto is crisp, about 3 m. Turn and repeat. Remove from heat.
- To serve: Spoon a hill of rice onto plate, layer with spinach, and top with scallops. Drizzle with balsamic reduction.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
Get Cookin'See More
Oatmeal-cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chicken with Roasted Lemon & Rosemary SauceSee More