- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups self rising white flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 ounces prosciutto, chopped
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- skim milk, to glaze
- 1. Preheat oven to 400' F. Flour a baking sheet. Place the whole wheat flour in a bowl and sift in teh white flour, baking powder and salt. Add the pepper and the prosciutto. Set aside about 1 tablespoon of the grated parmesan and stir in the rest into the flour mixture with the parsley. Make a well in the center.
- 2. Mix the mustard and buttermilk, pour into the flour and quickly mix to a soft dough.
- 3. Transfer the dough to a floured surface and knead briefly. Shape into an oval loaf, brush with milk and sprinkle with the reserved Parmesan. Place on the prepared baking sheet.
- 4. Bake the loaf for 25-30 minutes, or until it sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom. Let cool before serving
NotesI just came across this recipe in a book called Cookies, Pies, Breads and Tarts and I couldn't resist. Proscuitto...yum. Not to mention that its a quick bread to make, hardly no kneading and it doesn't call for yeast. How can you go wrong?
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Paula’s Vegetable Beef Chili
Beans And Tomatoes Chili Con CarneSee More