PROSCIUTTO AND PARMESAN BREAD
Prosciutto and Parmesan Bread
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups self rising white flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 ounces prosciutto, chopped
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- skim milk, to glaze
1. Preheat oven to 400' F. Flour a baking sheet. Place the whole wheat flour in a bowl and sift in teh white flour, baking powder and salt. Add the pepper and the prosciutto. Set aside about 1 tablespoon of the grated parmesan and stir in the rest into the flour mixture with the parsley. Make a well in the center.
2. Mix the mustard and buttermilk, pour into the flour and quickly mix to a soft dough.
3. Transfer the dough to a floured surface and knead briefly. Shape into an oval loaf, brush with milk and sprinkle with the reserved Parmesan. Place on the prepared baking sheet.
4. Bake the loaf for 25-30 minutes, or until it sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom. Let cool before serving