- Cooking Time: 10-12
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
- 2 5-oz halibut (or any medium firm, white fleshed fish) fillets
- 3 tsp chopped fresh thyme, divided
- 4 thin slices prosciutto
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp chopped shallot
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Sprinkle fish fillets with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon thyme atop each fish fillet. Place 2 slices prosciutto on work surface overlapping slightly.
- Place one fish fillet crosswise in center of prosciutto; fold prosciutto over fish fillet.
- Repeat with remaining prosciutto and fish fillet.
- Heat oil in medium ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add prosciutto-wrapped fish, seam side down.
- Cook until prosciutto is brown on all sides, about one minute per side.
- Transfer skillet to oven and roast fish until cooked through, about six minutes.
- Transfer to plates.
- Add shallot to same skillet; sauté over medium-high heat until beginning to brown, about one minute.
- Add wine and remaining one teaspoon thyme.
- Simmer until sauce is slightly reduced, about one minute.
- Whisk in butter.
- Drizzle sauce over fish and serve.
NotesThis recipe came from Bon Appetit about a year ago; it's extremely quick to prepare, elegantly simple, and very flavorful.
Center-cut fillets work best here, since they'll be roughly the same thickness all the way through and will be easier to wrap. Serve with some rice and some quick-steamed vegetables for a good weeknight dinner.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Short & Sweet
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Koken met OmaSee More
Surprise Birthday Cake
Citrus Pork Roast
Paula's Pecan ChickenSee More