PROVOLONE MEATLOAF WITH MUSHROOM SAUCE
Provolone Meatloaf with Mushroom Sauce
- Cooking Time: 1 Hour or until done
- Servings: 4 to 6
- Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
- 1 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Tomato Soup (Regular or 25% Less Sodium)
- 1/2 to 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 Large Sweet (Vidalia ) Onion, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup reserve rest for sauce listed below)
- 1 Cup Chopped Mushrooms
- 1 to 1/2 cup Shredded Provolone
- 1 tbsp. Minced Garlic
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 tsp. Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Cup Sliced Mushrooms
- 1/2 Cup Finely Chopped Onions.
- 2 Tbsp. Flour
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoons Soy Sauce.
- 2 Tbsp. oil from cooked Meatloaf
- 1/2 to 1 cup Chicken Stock or water
- Salt & Pepper Freshly Ground to taste.
Thoroughly mix the beef with 1/2 cup of the soup, bread crumbs, egg, onion, mushrooms, Worcestershire sauce and black pepper.
Put 1/2 mixture into a Bread baking pan and firmly shape into an 8 x 4-inch loaf.
Next add Shredded Provolone down the middle of the mixture.
Put the remaining mixture on top and firmly shape into the 8 x 4-inch loaf so that the cheese in incased in the Beef Mixture.
Make slight indention in top and place remaining Tomato Soup into the indention, Salt & Pepper.
Bake at 350°F. for 1 hour or until the meatloaf is cooked through.
Remove the meatloaf with a pancake turner from the pan to a cutting board.
Heat 2 tablespoons of the pan drippings, 1-quart saucepan over medium-high heat until the mixture is hot and bubbling.
Saute remaining onions and mushrooms until soft.
Add 2 tbsp Flour, mix and cook flour into mixture,
Slowly add Chicken Stock or water, slowly thicken until you have your desired consistency.
Serve with the meatloaf.