- Cooking Time: 1 Hour or until done
- Servings: 4 to 6
- Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
- 1 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Tomato Soup (Regular or 25% Less Sodium)
- 1/2 to 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 Large Sweet (Vidalia ) Onion, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup reserve rest for sauce listed below)
- 1 Cup Chopped Mushrooms
- 1 to 1/2 cup Shredded Provolone
- 1 tbsp. Minced Garlic
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 tsp. Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Cup Sliced Mushrooms
- 1/2 Cup Finely Chopped Onions.
- 2 Tbsp. Flour
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoons Soy Sauce.
- 2 Tbsp. oil from cooked Meatloaf
- 1/2 to 1 cup Chicken Stock or water
- Salt & Pepper Freshly Ground to taste.
- Thoroughly mix the beef with 1/2 cup of the soup, bread crumbs, egg, onion, mushrooms, Worcestershire sauce and black pepper.
- Put 1/2 mixture into a Bread baking pan and firmly shape into an 8 x 4-inch loaf.
- Next add Shredded Provolone down the middle of the mixture.
- Put the remaining mixture on top and firmly shape into the 8 x 4-inch loaf so that the cheese in incased in the Beef Mixture.
- Make slight indention in top and place remaining Tomato Soup into the indention, Salt & Pepper.
- Bake at 350°F. for 1 hour or until the meatloaf is cooked through.
- Remove the meatloaf with a pancake turner from the pan to a cutting board.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the pan drippings, 1-quart saucepan over medium-high heat until the mixture is hot and bubbling.
- Saute remaining onions and mushrooms until soft.
- Add 2 tbsp Flour, mix and cook flour into mixture,
- Slowly add Chicken Stock or water, slowly thicken until you have your desired consistency.
- Serve with the meatloaf.
NotesOne of my girlfriends daughters was traveling through on a trip. She was stopping to stay the night. Her daughters loves Meatloaf just not her Mom's so she asked me to make "MeatLoaf". She was extremely thrilled and ended up taking the leftovers home with her. It's a family favorite meal and is great the next day heated up as a Meatloaf Sandwich with Thick Crusted French Bread or Rolls. This is great served with Vidalia Onion Mashed Potatoes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
The Blue Family Favorites<3See More
Hard Rock Cafe Cole Slaw Clone
Mashed Sweet PotatoesSee More