PROVOLONE-STUFFED PORK CHOPS
- 4 (6 to 8 oz.) bone-in center cut pork chops
- 1 cup (4 oz.) Sargento® Limited Edition Italian Blend Aged Provolone Shredded Cheese, divided
- 2 Tbsp. crushed garlic croutons or Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme leaves or parsley
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. paprika or smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp. pepper or hot paprika
Cut a horizontal pocket in the side of each pork chop (or ask your meat retailer to do this for you).
Combine 3/4 cup cheese, croutons and thyme; stuff into pockets and pinch edges together to close pockets.
Combine salt, paprika and pepper; sprinkle over chops.
Heat a 12-inch ovenproof skillet (wrap handle in foil) coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat until hot.
Add chops; cook 3 minutes per side or until browned.
Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup cheese over chops. Transfer skillet to a preheated 375°F oven.
Bake until chops are no longer pink in center, 8 to 10 minutes depending on thickness of chops.