- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 4-5
- Preparation Time: 10-15
- 200 grams of dried prunes
- 100 grams of almond paste
- 20 halves of walnuts
- 1 Soak the prunes in water overnight
- 2 Take the prunes out of the water the following day, dry them of and take the stones out
- 3 Put some almond paste in the middle of the prune and garnish with a walnuthalve
- 4 Range them on a plate and serve with nice [strong] coffee.
NotesThis is an authentic Frisian snack served with coffee. And you need to have a sweet tooth liking it. At home we never had it for Mum was diabetic and she had to stay away from sugar as much as she could. I recall having had it a few times, when playing over at the homes of classmates in primary school. Some of them had it quite often on Sundaymornings after church services.