- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 5 medium eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium onions, minced
- 1 lb mushrooms, minced
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Grease and lightly flour large baking sheet.
- Combine water, 1/2 cup margarine and salt in saucepan.
- Bring to boil over medium heat.
- Add flour all at once. Stir vigorously with wooden spoon until smooth and dough forms a ball and leaves side of pan.
- Remove from heat.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, stirring until smooth after each addition.
- Spoon dough into large pastry bag fitted with fluted nozzle.
- Pipe dollops of dough, about 1 tablespoon each, onto prepared baking sheet, leaving room for spreading.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Let cool.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter/margarine in a large skillet.
- Add onions and mushrooms; saute over medium-low heat until tender.
- Stir sour cream into onion mixture; let cool.
- Cut baked pastry swirls in 1/2 horizontally.
- Using a spoon or small paring knife, remove any soft dough inside puffs, leaving a hollow, 2 part shell or crust about 1/4 to 3/8 inch thick.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon sour cream mixture in bottom portion of each swirl.
- Replace top portion of swirls.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Bake on large baking sheet 10 minutes or until heated through
NotesThis is an appetizer, basically a cream puff dough, and the filling could be a sweet one, to make this as a dessert.
Found this recipe on recipeatlas.com. I got this site from a posting by Abi Q, on another site. No number of servings was mentioned, and I haven't made this yet.