- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 5 medium eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium onions, minced
- 1 lb mushrooms, minced
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Grease and lightly flour large baking sheet.
- Combine water, 1/2 cup margarine and salt in saucepan.
- Bring to boil over medium heat.
- Add flour all at once. Stir vigorously with wooden spoon until smooth and dough forms a ball and leaves side of pan.
- Remove from heat.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, stirring until smooth after each addition.
- Spoon dough into large pastry bag fitted with fluted nozzle.
- Pipe dollops of dough, about 1 tablespoon each, onto prepared baking sheet, leaving room for spreading.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Let cool.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter/margarine in a large skillet.
- Add onions and mushrooms; saute over medium-low heat until tender.
- Stir sour cream into onion mixture; let cool.
- Cut baked pastry swirls in 1/2 horizontally.
- Using a spoon or small paring knife, remove any soft dough inside puffs, leaving a hollow, 2 part shell or crust about 1/4 to 3/8 inch thick.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon sour cream mixture in bottom portion of each swirl.
- Replace top portion of swirls.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Bake on large baking sheet 10 minutes or until heated through
NotesThis is an appetizer, basically a cream puff dough, and the filling could be a sweet one, to make this as a dessert.
Found this recipe on recipeatlas.com. I got this site from a posting by Abi Q, on another site. No number of servings was mentioned, and I haven't made this yet.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
MetroCooking DC 2013
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink RecipesSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More