- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- ½ Cup dark rum
- 4 Tablespoons unflavored gelatin
- 6 Egg yolks, beaten until creamy
- ½ Cup sugar
- 2 Cups coconut milk (canned is ok)
- 2 Cups milk
- 6 Egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- ½ Cup sugar
- 2 Cups heavy cream
- In a medium bowl add the rum and gelatin, and let the gelatin soak in the rum.
- In a large saucepan combine the egg yolks and ½ cup sugar, stir in the coconut milk and milk.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly mixture thickens.
- Blend in the gelatin mixture until it dissolves.
- Chill in the refrigerator until the mixture begins to thicken.
- In a medium bnowl beat the egg whites with salt until the egg whites are stiff but not dry; gradually add ½ cup sugar.
- In a seperate bowl add heavy cream and whip until stiff.
- Beat the custard mixture with a wire whisk, then fold it gently in the egg whites,
- Fold in the whipped cream. Mound the pudding a serving bowl and chill util firm.
NotesThe first time we tasted pudin di coco when we visited Curaçao. In Curaçao the national language is Dutch, but Papiamento is also widely spoken as well as English. Curaçao is located 40 miles north of Venezuela and is 38 miles long and 7½ miles wide. The 17th century buildings in her capital Willemstad reminds the visitor of Amsterdam.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More