- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 ½ lb –3 lb. chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1 Tbl. salt
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 Scotch bonnet or habanero pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 Tbl cider vinegar
- 1 Tbl. worchestshire sauce
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
- 2 Tbl. dark brown sugar
- 2 Tbl. canola oil
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 1 c chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1. Marinate the chicken with the first seven ingredients overnight(or for at least 4 hours). Drain the chicken and reserve the marinade for later use
- 2. Heat the oil and sugar in a large, heavy bottomed skillet.
- 3. Add the chicken and sauté until it takes on a deep brown color.
- 4. Add the onions and cook until the onions are soft.
- 5. Add the tomatoes, the reserved marinade, the bay leaf, and chicken stock, and simmer until the chicken is tender, 30-40 minutes.
NotesI teach a caribbean cooking class and this is a class favorite!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Taste of CenturyLink
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Recipes for VitalitySee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More