- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 ½ lb –3 lb. chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1 Tbl. salt
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 Scotch bonnet or habanero pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 Tbl cider vinegar
- 1 Tbl. worchestshire sauce
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
- 2 Tbl. dark brown sugar
- 2 Tbl. canola oil
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 1 c chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1. Marinate the chicken with the first seven ingredients overnight(or for at least 4 hours). Drain the chicken and reserve the marinade for later use
- 2. Heat the oil and sugar in a large, heavy bottomed skillet.
- 3. Add the chicken and sauté until it takes on a deep brown color.
- 4. Add the onions and cook until the onions are soft.
- 5. Add the tomatoes, the reserved marinade, the bay leaf, and chicken stock, and simmer until the chicken is tender, 30-40 minutes.
NotesI teach a caribbean cooking class and this is a class favorite!
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252See More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More