- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 large Golden Delicious apples, peeled, cored and sliced 1/8 to 1/4-inch thick
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup sugar, plus 3 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small pieces, plus 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Position an oven rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, toss the sliced apples with the lemon juice until the apples are thoroughly coated. Add the raisins, 1/4 cup sugar, and the 2 tablespoons cold cubed butter and toss well. Set aside.
- Lightly dust the counter or work surface with flour. Lay the puff pastry on top and dust the rolling pin with additional flour.
- Gently roll the puff pastry to 1/8-inch thickness.
- Spread the apple and raisin mixture over the bottom half of the puff pastry square leaving about 1-inch of space along the side edges.
- Fold the top half of the puff pastry over and pinch to seal the edges together.
- Brush the entire strudel with the melted butter and then sprinkle with cinnamon and remaining sugar.
- Using a serrated knife, make 3 diagonal slits across the top of the strudel.
- Place the strudel on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes, rotating halfway through cooking, until the pastry is puffed and golden brown.