- Cooking Time: 30 mins
- Preparation Time: 15 mins
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes
- 1 potato
- 1 mozzarella (125 g)
- fresh basil leaves
- extra vergin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Cut the tomatoes in half, remove the seeds, sprinkle with salt and leave to rest for a couple of minutes, with the cut side down.
- Oil a spring cake form and put the tomatoes on the bottom with the cut side down.
- Peel and dice the potato, distribute the pieces in empty spaces between tomatoes.
- Add salt and pepper to your taste.
- Cover with puff pastry and punch with a fork to allow the steam to get out during baking.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200° C for aprox. 30 mins.
- Carefully remove the cake from the cake form, turning it upside-down on a plate (puff pastry on the bottom and vegetables on top)
- Slice the mozzarella and distribute on the top, decorate with fresh basil leaves. Here I modified the recipe by returning the tart to the oven just enough for mozzarella to melt slightly.
- Another possibility is to add diced ham or tuna fish.
NotesI found this recipe on a puff pastry package. It's a great quick dish, especially when you want something quick and warm for dinner.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Surprise Birthday Cake
Citrus Pork Roast
Paula's Pecan ChickenSee More