- Cooking Time: 20 to 25
- Servings: 6 to 8
- Preparation Time:
- 3 boneless, skinless split chicken breasts (or about 3 cups cut up, cooked chicken)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 cups fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Muenster cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry sheets (2 sheets), thawed according to package directions (about 30 to 40 minutes)
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- Place chicken in saucepan in single layer.
- Add water to cover by 1/2-inch.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and poach 12 to 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside.
- Drain and set aside to cool.
- When cool, cut into small pieces, 1/2-inch or smaller, or shred. Set aside.
- Place oil in large skillet and heat.
- Add onion and sauté until transparent.
- Add wine then spinach and sauté until spinach wilts, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add chicken, cheese, beaten egg, salt and pepper. Stir until well combined. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Lightly grease baking sheet or spray with cooking spray.
- Beat egg with 1 tablespoon water.
- Place one of the two thawed puff pastry sheets on a lightly floured surface.
- Unfold pastry and roll out slightly with rolling pin, about 1 to 2 inches in each direction.
- Place half of chicken mixture lengthwise in a log formation in center of pastry, leaving at least 1/2 inch of pastry on each end.
- Brush edges of pastry with egg mixture.
- Fold each side of pastry over chicken mixture to enclose and press edges to seal.
- Place seam-side down on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with second pastry sheet and remaining chicken filling.
- Brush both pastry rolls with egg mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown.
- To serve, cut into desired size and serve hot.
- (16 appetizer servings, 6 to 8 luncheon or dinner servings)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing Recipes
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More