- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- Ingredients for Blackberry Syrup:
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- Directions for Batter:
- 1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2. Melt butter in a 10-inch cast-iron skillet.
- 3. In the container of a blender, combine milk and eggs; process until smooth. Add flour, sugar, and orange zest; process until combined. Pour batter over melted butter in skillet. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Serve with warm Fresh Blackberry Syrup.
- Directions for Blackberry Syrup:
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine blackberries, brown sugar, and orange juice. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until syrupy. Remove from heat, and stir in corn syrup. Serve warm.
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSWSee More
Salted Caramel - Sauce and/or squares
All the food groups in one dish...if you consider tomatoes a fruit :)!
Hanky PankySee More