- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- Ingredients for Blackberry Syrup:
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- Directions for Batter:
- 1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2. Melt butter in a 10-inch cast-iron skillet.
- 3. In the container of a blender, combine milk and eggs; process until smooth. Add flour, sugar, and orange zest; process until combined. Pour batter over melted butter in skillet. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Serve with warm Fresh Blackberry Syrup.
- Directions for Blackberry Syrup:
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine blackberries, brown sugar, and orange juice. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until syrupy. Remove from heat, and stir in corn syrup. Serve warm.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El JefeSee More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More