- Cooking Time: 15-20
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 10
- 12 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls or 8 Rhodes Texas™ Rolls, thawed and risen
- 1/2 medium yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 18 oz ready to eat pulled barbecue pork (such as Lloyd's or Curly's)
- 8 oz grated mozzarella cheese
- 8 oz can pineapple tidbits, drained and juice reserved
- Spray counter lightly with non-stick cooking spray. Combine dinner rolls or Texas rolls into a ball and roll into an 11x17-inch rectangle. Place on a sprayed 11x17-inch baking pan, building up edges slightly. Poke several times with a fork and pre-bake at 350°F for 10-15 minutes. Remove from oven to cool. In a small skillet, bring juice drained from pineapple to a low boil. Boil until reduced to about 2 tablespoons. Melt the butter into the juice. Add the sugar and stir until dissolved. Slice the onion into thin slices. Add to the pineapple mixture and saute, stirring frequently, until the onions just begin to turn golden. Remove from heat and set aside. Spread your prebaked crust with the pork. Sprinkle evenly with the cheese, sauted onions and pineapple. Bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is nicely melted.
NotesNeed a new pizza idea? Try this sweet and saucy Pulled Pork and Pineapple Pizza; your family will be glad you did.