- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin-pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup canned pumpkin purée
- 1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350̊. Line bottom and sides of a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with foil, leaving an overhang on all sides. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, pie spice, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- With an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar on medium-high speed until smooth; beat in egg and vanilla until combined. Beat in pumpkin purée (mixture may appear curdled). Reduce speed to low, and mix in dry ingredients until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan. Bake until edges begin to pull away from sides of pan and a toothpick inserted in center comes out with just a few moist crumbs attached, 35 to 40 minutes. Cool completely in pan.
- Lift cake from pan (using foil as an aid). Peel off foil, and use a serrated knife to cut into 24 squares.
NotesSomeone shared this on "TheNest.com" and I loved it so much I wanted to save it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!See More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More