- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour 1 egg
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar ½ cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tsp. baking powder 1/3 cup milk
- 1 ½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup chilled margarine or butter
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt. With a pastry cutter, cut in margarine or butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Make a well in the center of the dry mixture; set aside.
- In another bowl, beat egg; beat in pumpkin and milk. Add egg mixture all at once into dry mixture. Using a fork, stir until just moistened.
- On a lightly floured surface, quickly knead dough by folding and pressing gently for 10-12 strokes or until nearly smooth. Pat dough into an 8 inch circle. Cut into 12 wedges. On a greased baking sheet, place wedges 1 inch apart. Brush tops with additional milk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake in 400 degree oven for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove scones from baking sheet and cool on
NotesI love the scones at Starbucks and had to copy their Pumpkin Scones. These taste very close.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More