- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour 1 egg
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar ½ cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tsp. baking powder 1/3 cup milk
- 1 ½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup chilled margarine or butter
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt. With a pastry cutter, cut in margarine or butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Make a well in the center of the dry mixture; set aside.
- In another bowl, beat egg; beat in pumpkin and milk. Add egg mixture all at once into dry mixture. Using a fork, stir until just moistened.
- On a lightly floured surface, quickly knead dough by folding and pressing gently for 10-12 strokes or until nearly smooth. Pat dough into an 8 inch circle. Cut into 12 wedges. On a greased baking sheet, place wedges 1 inch apart. Brush tops with additional milk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake in 400 degree oven for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove scones from baking sheet and cool on
NotesI love the scones at Starbucks and had to copy their Pumpkin Scones. These taste very close.