- Cooking Time: 6
- Servings: 50
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1 cup sun-dried cranberries (finely chopped)
- 5-6 peeled and finely diced fresh apples
- baked pumpkin puree (one pie pumpkin or 16 oz. can of puree)
- 50 wonton wrappers
- brown sugar to taste
- cinnamon to taste
- oil for frying
- Soften cream cheese.
- In a bowl, mix cranberry, apple and pumpkin puree. (Bistro 1896 uses locally grown apples and pie pumpkins.)
- Lay out wonton wrappers.
- Place a dollop of cream cheese and the pumpkin, cranberry and apple mixture in the center of each wonton.
- Sprinkle cinnamon and brown sugar to taste.
- Lightly moisten the edges of each wonton wrapper and fold into triangles, then fold back the long ends of the triangle and pinch together.
- Fry wontons in 350 degree oil for 5-6 minutes.
- Take out of oil carefully and drain excess oil from wontons.
- Let wontons rest a minute or two before serving.
- Create honey-orange sauce by combining honey and orange slices. Cook over medium heat until thickened, stirring often.
NotesThink outside of the box with this flavorful appetizer from Bistro 1896 in Asheville, NC. This gourmet recipe only looks fancy and costs just $0.20 per serving!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Kale Yeah It's Good...No Meat Necessary
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More