PUMPKIN/PORCINI PUREE PIZZA WITH RED ONION, CRIMINI AND OYSTER MUSHROOMS, TOPPED WITH ITALIAN FONTINA AND BASIL CHIFFONADE.
Pumpkin/Porcini Puree Pizza with Red Onion, Crimini and Oyster mushrooms, topped with Italian Fontina and Basil Chiffonade.
The Puree from this recipe makes enough for 2 12 inch pi..Read More
- Cooking Time: 8-10
- Servings: 4-8
- For Puree:
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Stock
- 1 1/2 TB Porcini Powder
- 1 tsp balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp Marjoram
- 1 tsp Sage
- 1tsp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Mace
- 1/4 tsp Coriander
- 2 Garlic Cloved, Minced fine or Crushed
- 3/4 cup baked pumpkin flesh
- Kosher Salt
- Topping: (This is per 12 inch pizza; double these amounts for 2 pizzas)
- 3 oz Crimini Mushrooms (Sliced)
- 3 oz Oyster Mushrooms (sliced)
- 3 Oz Italian Fontina; Shredded
- 2 oz Mozzarella
- Several thin slices of Red Cipollini onion (that’s the Flat Red Onions)
- 1 oz Parmagiano-Reggiano
- 10 Leaves of Basil; Chiffonade
- Optional: 1 tsp Red Pepper Flake
Heat vegetable stock in a small saucepan over medium heat.
Add Balsamic and Porcini Powder along with herbs, spices and garlic
Once heated well, remove from heat and add pumpkin.
Use a stick blender to puree the mixture together into a thick paste.
Set aside to cook and prepare your crust
Spread about 3-4 TB of the mixture on the crust as you would Tomato sauce.
Sprinkle with 1/2 the Parmagiano-Reggiano
Lay out your sliced onions
Sprinkle with a 1/2 Mozzarella and 1/2 the Fontina
Add the Mushrooms and optional red pepper flake
Sprinkle with remaining Mozzarella and remaining Fontina
Sprinkle with remaining Parmagiano-Reggiano
Bake for 8-10 minutes on a preheated stone
Remove from Stone and sprinkle with Chiffonade Basil
Let pizza rest a few minutes before cutting to allow the cheese to set
The Puree from this recipe makes enough for 2 12 inch pizzas