- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 pie crusts
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 1 tbsp. bitters (optional)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ginger
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. cloves
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 can (29 oz.) pumpkin
- 1 can (12 oz.) evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- 4 tbsp. butter, softened
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- Whipped cream, for garnish (optional)
- Mix sugars, flour, bitters, spices in large bowl.
- Stir in egg; set aside.
- Melt butter in large skillet over low heat.
- Add pumpkin, simmer, stirring occasionally until puree thickens slightly, 10 minutes.
- Gradually stir hot pumpkin into sugar mix, stir in evaporated milk, milk and 1 cup water. If desired, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Prepare crusts.
- Preheat to 450°F.
- Spread half the praline mix in each crust. Bake until praline is golden brown and bubbly, around 10 minutes; cool slightly.
- Reduce oven temp to 400°F.
- Pour half pumpkin filling into each crust; smooth top with spatula.
- Bake until pumpkin is firm and crusts are golden brown, about 1 hour.
- Cool completely and serve.
- Garnish with whipped cream or topping, if desired
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!See More
Picnic Chicken SaladSee More