- Cooking Time: 21 minutes plus cooling
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 stick butter, melted
- 1/3 cup toasted pecans, chopped fine
- 1/3 cup half and half
- 1 can Libby's Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1 ripe banana, mashed very good
- 2 cups whipped cream (I have made my own and I have used Cool Whip both are great)
- 1 cup apple butter (optional)
- Candied nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix cracker crumbs, sugar, cinnamon, butter and pecans together.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of mixture into muffin tins.
- Press down firmly, I stack another muffin tin on top and press down.
- Bake for 5 to 8 minutes, watch carefully they burn very easy.
- In double boiler over medium high heat cook half and half, pumpkin, brown sugar, salt and spice for 8 minutes.
- Temper eggs and add to mixture.
- Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Dissolve gelatin in 1/4 cup cold water and add to mixture.
- Add mashed banana and mix well.
- Cool completely in refrigerator.
- I cool over night.
- When ready to serve mix with whipped cream, you may use more or less of the whipped cream depending on your taste.
- Swirl a tablespoon of apple butter onto a plate.
- Top with graham cracker cookie.
- Spoon pumpkin mixture into a large baggie and snip the tip off.
- Squeeze and swirl pumpkin goodness onto cookie.
- Drizzle with apple butter.
- Top with candied nuts.
NotesI created this recipe for my brother Johnny. He is famous for scooping out the middle of pumpkin pies and adding it to alot of whipped cream, leaving the crust for the rest of us.
To be honest I didn't know there was a brand of pumpkin puree other than Libby's. My mother and grandmother always had Libby's in their cupboards. It's a staple in all of our kitchens!!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More