- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 lg eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice (optional)
- 2 cups (15 oz. can) pumpkin
- optional cup chopped pecans
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temp
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 lb powdered sugar (2 cups)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp milk for consistency if needed
- Makes: 9 "x13" pan
- Preheat oven to: 350°
- Mix eggs, oil and sugar.
- Add four, baking powder and soda, salt, and spices and mix thoroughly.
- Add pumpkin (and optional pecans if desired) last and stir in well.
- Pour into baking pan.
- Bake @ 350° for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Let cool completely before icing.
- Mix together cream cheese, butter, and vanilla, followed powdered sugar.
- Thin with milk if needed for easier spreading of icing over Pumpkin Bars.
NotesMy Medical Assistant, Sharon, made these to rave reviews for the office, but one of my partners, Doctor "G", would secret them into his office, lock the door and proceed to eat most of it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Naked Macaron
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More