- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups fat-free (skim) milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 3/4 cup fat-free cholesterol-free egg product
- 6 cups bread cubes
- 1/2 cup currants
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Cream or ice cream, if desired
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Grease bottom and side of springform pan, 10x3 inches.
- Mix all ingredients except bread, currants and pecans in large bowl until well blended.
- Stir in bread, currants and pecans.
- Let mixture stand 10 minutes; spoon into springform pan.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let stand 10 minutes; remove side of pan.
- Serve warm with cream. Refrigerate any remaining pudding.
NotesPumpkin bread or bread pudding? You don’t need to choose with this deliciously low-fat recipe!
Prep Time:20 min
Start to Finish:1 hr 40 min
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
My Family CookbookSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More