- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 cup cream
- 1 loaf bread
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup margerine (or butter
- In a bowl, mix the margerine, sugar, eggs, pumpkin, and cream, then add the bread, cut into 1" cubes, until completely combined. I like it a bit dry, so I ended up adding another 4 slices of bread I had in the pantry in addition to the loaf.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350C. As it turns out, my oven temperature gauge is about 50 degrees off. So I got an oven thermometer! You can see it hanging from the bottom of the rack, there. $4 for perfect cupcakes, a steal.
- When a toothpick comes out clean, they're done. Let them cool for about 10 minutes.
- Top the cooled cupcakes with a tablespoon or so of the apple chai glaze & enjoy.
Notesleft spices out of the cupcake bit entirely, because I wanted the chai in the apple glaze to really shine. I'm glad I did, but I was a bit underwhelmed by the pumpkinnyness of the pudding. I would probably up the amount of pumpkin* -- or add a bit of filling to it -- next time.
I ended up with a quarter cup or so of pumpkin purée left over, I plan to try to make a pumpkin glaze as well. I'm told, though, that I like my food a bit richer/more flavourful than most people. YMMV.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking DC 2013
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite RecipesSee More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More