- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 cup cream
- 1 loaf bread
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup margerine (or butter
- In a bowl, mix the margerine, sugar, eggs, pumpkin, and cream, then add the bread, cut into 1" cubes, until completely combined. I like it a bit dry, so I ended up adding another 4 slices of bread I had in the pantry in addition to the loaf.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350C. As it turns out, my oven temperature gauge is about 50 degrees off. So I got an oven thermometer! You can see it hanging from the bottom of the rack, there. $4 for perfect cupcakes, a steal.
- When a toothpick comes out clean, they're done. Let them cool for about 10 minutes.
- Top the cooled cupcakes with a tablespoon or so of the apple chai glaze & enjoy.
Notesleft spices out of the cupcake bit entirely, because I wanted the chai in the apple glaze to really shine. I'm glad I did, but I was a bit underwhelmed by the pumpkinnyness of the pudding. I would probably up the amount of pumpkin* -- or add a bit of filling to it -- next time.
I ended up with a quarter cup or so of pumpkin purée left over, I plan to try to make a pumpkin glaze as well. I'm told, though, that I like my food a bit richer/more flavourful than most people. YMMV.
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More