- Cooking Time: 60
- Preparation Time:
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. nutmeg
- 3 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups of fresh pumpkin/16 ounces if using canned pumpkin
- 2/3 cup water/if pumpkin is canned
- 1/2 cup water/if pumpkin is fresh or frozen
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine flour, soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar in large mixing bowl. Add eggs, water, oil and pumpkin. Stir until blended. Mix well.
- Pour into two 9x5" loaf pans.
- Bake 1 hour.
- Cool slightly and take out of pans to let cool on a rack. This tastes best if you wrap, refrigerate and wait a day to eat it. It keeps well in the refrigerator and can be frozen.
NotesThis tastes best if you wrap, refrigerate and wait a day to eat it. It keeps well in the refrigerator and can be frozen.
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More