- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup cooking oil
- 4 eggs
- 3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 Ã‚Â½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 (15-oz.) canned pumpkin
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease the bottom and Ã‚Â½-in up sides of two 9x5x3-inch or three 8x4x2-inch loaf pans; set aside. In a large mixing bowl, beat sugar and oil with an electric mixer on medium speed. Add eggs and beat well; set aside.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Alternately add flour mixture and water to sugar mixture, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined. Beat in pumpkin. Spoon batter into prepared pans.
- Bake in a 350 degrees oven for about 1 hour or until a wooden toothpicks inserted near centers comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes. Remove from pans. Cool completely on wire racks. Wrap and store overnight before slicing.
NotesI got this recipe from a friend I used to work with last year. It makes a lot, so save one loaf for yourself and share the other one with a friend!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Halloween Easy Eerie EdiblesSee More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More